Roeder Orthodontics is proud to offer clear aligner choices, such as Invisalign, to the Asheville area.
If you're looking for Invisalign Asheville (or other clear aligners), you've come to the right place! Clear aligners are an excellent choice for getting the smile of your dreams. Read on to learn more about Invisalign and other clear aligners.
Aligners Move Teeth Just Like Braces
While the mechanics are different, the results are the same. Treatment with aligners or braces can provide excellent results!
There are cases where Dr. Roeder may recommend one over the other for efficiency. However, frequently either option can be used for treatment.
There are cases where treatment consists of a combination of braces first followed by aligners. Often the choice of aligners vs. braces will come down to patient preference and may be based on lifestyle and other personal preferences such as convenience, activities, and availability for appointments.
There Are Different Brands Of Aligners, Such As Invisalign And 3M Clarity
We use these companies to provide the “plastic”( manufacture the aligners) in cases where high numbers of stages of aligners are needed.
We also create aligners in-office! Aligners created in our office are equally effective and are useful when stages of treatment are small to moderate.
Case Complexity Determines The Cost Of Aligner Treatment
In all cases, we will first provide complete diagnostic records and an exam with Dr. Roeder. This exam will give us all the information we need to provide an accurate estimate of the cost of your treatment.
Dr. Roeder will oversee treatment and coordinate care with your family dentist and any other medical or dental specialists needed for your most exceptional care.
Beware DIY Mail-Order Aligners
While some DIY mail-order aligners are now available to consumers and they can straighten teeth, there are significant limitations when it comes to doctor supervision.
We caution patients about using these products not because they don't move teeth, but because we believe the best results with the least adverse side effects are achieved with the supervision of treatment by a trained Orthodontist.
Dr. Roeder is a board-certified orthodontist, receiving the highest level of education and certification. You can rest assured you're in the hands of the best with Dr. Roeder!
How Invisalign Works
Your 3D Scans
First, we start with fast and comfortable digital impressions (3D scans). These 3D scans, along with patient medical history, clinical exam, photos, and radiographs, allow Dr. Roeder to create a specific customized treatment plan for you.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
Your treatment plan starts with your desired changes and outcomes. Your facial photographs, especially the smile, are paramount to customizing your treatment plan. Your occlusion (bite) is essential for a comfortable and healthy outcome. Dr. Roeder will direct the tooth movement rate, direction, velocity, etc. in every case with a detailed 3D treatment plan.
Your Aligners Are Made
Aligners are then fabricated in our office lab using the latest technology.
Dr. Roeder and his team will then deliver the aligners to you in our office, making sure the fit is perfect and answer all questions you may have.
Additional Information About Aligners
- Aligners are changed every 5-7 days.
- Small tooth-colored composites are often placed on the surface of individual teeth to create active surface pressure to accomplish the desired tooth movements. These attachments are placed and later easily removed from the teeth.
- Tooth surface reshaping or slenderizing is sometimes needed to comfortably and safely create space.
- Advances in technology have made clear aligners more available at many levels.
- Time for a snack? No problem. Take out your aligners to eat or drink whenever you want.
- You can remove your Invisalign aligners so you can brush and floss regularly, and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can occasionally remove your Invisalign aligners to enjoy a special night out.
- There\'s no need to change a thing. Continue your day-to-day activities while still straightening your teeth.
- Be yourself with Invisalign aligners. Since they are clear, you don\'t have to hide your smile while going through treatment.
- With Invisalign treatment, it\'s easy to make your smile picture-perfect for that special occasion.
- Invisalign treatment appointments work with your schedule. Most visits are in and out, with a quick progress check once every six weeks.
The Invisalign system is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you\'ve always wanted. Invisalign treatment uses advanced 3D computer imaging technology to depict your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position.
Then a series of clear aligners are custom-made for your teeth - and your teeth only - to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series until the final position of your teeth is achieved.
Your Invisalign treatment time will be determined by your doctor based on your specific needs.
Invisalign aligners are clear, which makes Invisalign treatment a seamless fit with your lifestyle and day-to-day interactions with others. Invisalign aligners are also removable. Unlike braces, you have the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment simply by removing the aligners when you eat. You can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and good oral hygiene.
Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign treatment does not use metal brackets or wires that could cause irritation to your mouth. In addition, you\'ll spend less time in the doctor\'s chair and scheduling appointments, and more time out doing the things you love.
Lastly, Invisalign treatment technology allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start your treatment, so you can preview how your straight teeth will look once your treatment is complete.
- More than 5,000,000 patients worldwide have been treated with Invisalign aligners. The number of Invisalign smiles grows daily. At your next appointment, we can answer any questions you might have, and get you started on the smile you\'ve always wanted.